Creative York is committed to nurturing the artist community in our area and presenting opportunities for professional and collaborative growth. Below are some of the artist opportunities for 2021:
Upcoming Artist Opportunities:
Calls for Submissions
Thursday, October 14 – Saturday, November 20, 2021
While art is used to open our eyes to a world of possibilities beyond reality it serves another purpose as well; art functions as a tool to inspire dreams and visions. The act of expressing dreams and visions is in itself a voyage of self-discovery. We are looking for works of art by individuals with a dream or vision meant to document an especially meaningful moment of perception for the artist, thereby portraying a different realm of cognition for their audience that is beyond but not isolated from the mundane realities of life.
Artists may submit up to two (2) works. All mediums will be considered. 2D works must be wired. All entries must be submitted digitally, by email, CD, or flash drive, and include a list stating the artist’s name and contact information (address, e-mail, and phone), title of work, date, media, dimensions, and corresponding file name. Please put “Entry” in the subject line of your submission email or on your digital media. Submissions must be at least 72 ppi, in jpeg format, and must be less than 3MB in size. Please include a brief bio and artist statement with your entry. The deadline for submissions is Saturday, September 4, 2021. Other important dates to note include:
- Notification of Acceptance: Wednesday, September 15, 2021
- Artwork Delivery: Saturday, September 25 by 2 p.m.
RULES FOR ENTRY
- All entries must be received by Saturday, September 4, 2021. All entries must include a list of artworks, properly labeled digital images.
- Artists may submit up to two (2) individual artworks.
- Submissions must include artwork list stating artist’s name, contact information, title of work, medium, date, dimensions and price.
- All entries must be submitted via email (email@example.com) in jpeg format at 300 dpi and not larger than 3MB in size. CD or flash drive also acceptable. Please label each file with artist’s name and title. (Example: Jones Lake Williams.jpg). The file names must correspond to your artwork list. Please write “Entry” on email subject line or on your digital media. Please include artist’s name on your digital media.
- All entries must be of work available for the exhibition.
- Email images and artwork list to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by mail to: “Dreams” Exhibition; c/o Creative York; 10 N Beaver St; York, PA 17401. All entries must be received by midnight on Saturday, September 4.
Commission to the gallery on sales is 30% for Members, 35% for Non-Members. Our Artist Membership includes many year-round benefits such as a variety of exhibition, educational, and networking opportunities, reduced exhibit fees and commissions, no fee for submitting a proposal for The Art Lab, and a quarterly artist-focused e-newsletter. For more information visit: https://creativeyork.org/membership/.
100 UNDER $100
December 2 – January 15, 2022
Call for art TBA
For questions about this exhibitions, please email email@example.com.
The Art Lab
The Art Lab, located at 10 N. Beaver St., is intended as a “lab” to display and cultivate new work in our community. Creative individuals and groups are invited to submit new or existing work. In addition to a free venue to show and potentially sell their artwork, the art exhibitors may have the opportunity to teach special workshops at Creative York during their exhibit. If artists are interested in teaching a workshop they can inquire for details with our Director of Education. Must be 18 or older with previous exhibition experience.
To submit a proposal, download the guidelines and application form: Creative York Art Lab Guidelines and Application
Are you interested in teaching with us? Creative York offers art classes to people of all ages and we are always looking for professional teaching artists to join us in educating the community. For more information and to apply, send your resume and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Member with our new Artist Membership
Artist Membership – $30
Created specifically for members of the creative community, the Artist Membership celebrates, supports, and promotes our artist community by providing a variety of exhibition, educational, and networking opportunities, as well as exposure to potential collectors. In addition to the standard membership benefits listed above, there are also reduced exhibit fees and commissions, no fee for submitting a proposal for The Art Lab, and a quarterly artist-focused e-newsletter.
Click HERE for more information or to join.