Creative York is committed to nurturing the artist community in our area and presenting opportunities for professional and collaborative growth. Below are some of the artist opportunities for 2021:
Upcoming Artist Opportunities:
Calls for Submissions
HOPE AND HEALING: A JOURNEY INTO LIGHT
June 3 – July 24, 2021
Artists may submit up to 3 works. All mediums will be considered. 2D works must be wired. All entries must be
submitted digitally, by email, CD, or flash drive, and include a list stating the artist’s name and contact information
(address, e-mail, and phone), title of work, date, media, dimensions, and corresponding file name. Please put “Entry” in
the subject line of your submission email or on your digital media. Submissions must be at least 72 ppi, in jpeg format and
must be less than 3MB in size. Please include a brief bio and artist statement with your entry.
- Deadline for submission: Saturday, May 8 by 2pm.
- Notification of acceptance: Wednesday, May 19
- Artwork delivery to Creative York: Thursday, May 27 by 2pm (details given in acceptance notification)
- Exhibit Receptions: Opening – Thursday, June 3, 2021
- Exhibit Dates: June 3-July 24, 2021
RULES FOR ENTRY
- All entries must be received by Saturday, May 8 by 2pm. All entries must include a list of artworks, properly
labeled digital images.
- Artists may submit up to 3 individual artworks.
- Submissions must include artwork list stating artist’s name, contact information, title of work, medium, date,
dimensions and price.
- All entries must be submitted via email (email@example.com) in jpeg format at 300 dpi and not larger than
3MB in size. CD or flash drive also acceptable. Please label each file with artist’s name and title. (Example: jones
Lake Williams.jpg). The file names must correspond to your artwork list. Please write “Entry” on email subject line
or on your digital media. Please include artist’s name on your digital media.
- All entries must be of work available for the exhibition.
- Email images and artwork list to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by mail to: “Hope and Healing: A Journey into
Light” Exhibition; c/o Creative York; 10 N Beaver St; York, PA 17401.
Commission to the gallery on sales is 30% for Members, 35% for Non-Members. Our Artist Membership includes many
year-round benefits such as a variety of exhibition, educational, and networking opportunities, reduced exhibit fees and
commissions, no fee for submitting a proposal for The Art Lab, and a quarterly artist-focused e-newsletter. For more
information visit our membership page.
YORKFEST ADULT JURIED EXHIBIT
August 5 – September 25, 2021
The Yorkfest Adult Juried Art Exhibition will be on display in the Kerlin Gallery at Creative York, located 10 North Beaver Street in downtown York from August 5 – September 25, 2021. Creative York will host the opening reception on Friday, August 27th, 6-8 p.m.
STANDARDS & ELIGIBILTY
Participation in the Yorkfest Adult Juried Art Exhibition is open to all artists and crafts persons 18 years or older. Fine art and fine craft in all mediums are acceptable. Entries must be original, completed within the past two years, and not previously shown at Creative York. Work should be of high quality and craftsmanship.
RULES FOR ENTRY
- All entries must be received by midnight on June 14, 2021.
- All entries must include a completed Entry Form, properly labeled digital images, and payment or proof of payment for non-refundable entry fee of $30 for Creative York Members, $45 for non-members.
- Artists may submit up to three digital images for jurying for a fee of $30/45, payable to Creative York or payable here (download payment receipt to include with entry).
- All entries must be submitted on CD, flash drive, or email (email@example.com), in jpeg format at 300 dpi and not larger than 3MB in size. Please label each file with artist’s name and entry number using this format (Example: jones_1.jpg). The file names must correspond to your entry form. Please write “Yorkfest 2020 Entry” and artist’s name on CD, flash drive, or email subject line.
- Entries must be of work available for the exhibition that have been completed in the last two years.
- Entries must not have been previously exhibited at Creative York.
- If mailing entry, mail entry form & payment to: Creative York, 10 N Beaver St; York, PA 17401, ATTN: Yorkfest Juried Exhibition. Mailed entries must arrive prior to or on June 14, 2021.
- All entrants will be notified of acceptance by August 2, 2021.
Cash awards totaling $1000 will be presented by the juror. One Best of Show prize of $500 will be given, and up to five Awards of Distinction will be granted by the sole and final decision of the juror.
October 7 – November 20, 2021
Call for art TBA
100 UNDER $100
December 2 – January 15, 2022
Call for art TBA
For questions about this exhibitions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Art Lab
The Art Lab, located at 10 N. Beaver St., is intended as a “lab” to display and cultivate new work in our community. Creative individuals and groups are invited to submit new or existing work. In addition to a free venue to show and potentially sell their artwork, the art exhibitors may have the opportunity to teach special workshops at Creative York during their exhibit. If artists are interested in teaching a workshop they can inquire for details with our Director of Education. Must be 18 or older with previous exhibition experience.
To submit a proposal, download the guidelines and application form: Creative York Art Lab Guidelines and Application 2020
Are you interested in teaching with us? Creative York offers art classes to people of all ages and we are always looking for professional teaching artists to join us in educating the community. For more information and to apply, send your resume and two professional references to email@example.com.
Become a Member with our new Artist Membership
Artist Membership – $30
Created specifically for members of the creative community, the Artist Membership celebrates, supports, and promotes our artist community by providing a variety of exhibition, educational, and networking opportunities, as well as exposure to potential collectors. In addition to the standard membership benefits listed above, there are also reduced exhibit fees and commissions, no fee for submitting a proposal for The Art Lab, and a quarterly artist-focused e-newsletter.
Click HERE for more information or to join.