What is Art In Residence?
Art In Residence is our annual spring fundraising gala. This celebration includes fantastic food, wine, music, and more, along with spectacular works of art on display from local collectors. This one-night-only exhibition features seldom-seen, privately-owned artworks that are historical, contemporary, beautiful, whimsical, and sentimental-just like York itself. Filled with art and fun, this event is one of our major fundraisers of the year, allowing us to continue our work through Creative York outreach programs such as free summer art camps, creative activities for at-risk children throughout York City and County, and free educational art exhibits in our main gallery.
And this year, Creative York is especially proud to present….
ART IN RESIDENCE: EVOLUTION
The 20th Anniversary Event!
April 29 from 7-10pm
at the Agricultural and Industrial Museum
For the 20th Anniversary of this evolving signature annual fundraising event, we are bringing it into Downtown York, to the Agricultural & Industrial Museum. Located at 217 W Princess St, this wonderful space will give us plenty of room for an Art In Residence like you have never experienced before!
- Rarely seen original artworks from 40 private collections, on loan for this one-night-only viewing event, including a sculpture by world-reknowned artist Jeff Koons!
- Beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages and fantastic appetizers and hors d’oeuvres by Artistic Foods
- DJ Evolution will create a masterpiece of sound, starting with a mellow groove and shifting into a party vibe later in the evening.
- Unique facial transformations and adornments by “Peanutbutter” from Philadelphia – become a wild work of art yourself.
- Live Body Painting Demonstrations by Innovative Skin Body Art – watch live models evolve into living works of art.
- Live Art-Making Silent Auction – observe artists creating works of art from start to finish right in front of you, and bid on the pieces as they are created.
- Local Artist Marketplace – chat with area artists, and perhaps add some new works to your personal art collection.
- Photo Booth with colorful accessories and fun arts-related props to pose with, you can even print out a memento to take home.
- A Community Drawing Wall – because we have a feeling you will be inspired to create, too!
- Raffle / Live Auction / Silent Auction – there will be many ways to win wonderful items and experiences at the event, from a raffle for a diamond, opal and gold pendant custom-made for the event by Gem Boutique ($3000 value), to live auctions for unique experiences like a catered party for 20 people in a suite at a York Revolutions game of your choice, to an array of silent auction items you can bid on throughout the evening.
Tickets for the event are $75 per person in advance, or $85 at the door.
Raffle tickets are $5 each.
Purchase your tickets through Eventbrite by clicking HERE or by calling Creative York at 717-848-3200.
Here is a sneak Peek at our Raffle Prize – Raffle Tickets are just $5 each!