“Creative York nurtures imagination, creativity, and innovation in our community.”
Creative York (formerly YorkArts) is a 501c3 non-profit arts center located in downtown York, Pennsylvania, featuring 3 art galleries, art classes for all ages, and several community outreach programs. Creative York was founded in 1990 to support local artists in all disciplines and to make the arts accessible to the general public. Creative York continues to nurture imagination, creativity, and innovation in our community. Our educational outreach programs and first-class facilities in historic downtown York draw their success from the arts’ unique ability to stimulate, challenge, illuminate, and inspire.
Creative York is also proud to provide a focused effort to reach at-risk children in the City of York. Our Art in the Parks summer program features art-making activities that teach social skills, respect for others, group decision-making, teamwork, and positive self-expression to more than 600 children yearly.
We also serve a broader audience through free art exhibits and many other mission-related activities.
More About Us
- Creative York serves members of the community ranging in age from 3 years old to 93!
- Each year we inspire over 10,000 children and adults at Creative York and through our community outreach programs.
- Local schools utilize Creative York to supplement and enhance the education of their students — including literary arts, visual arts, and other curricula.
- The Creative York galleries features local, regional and national artists’ work, as well as educational exhibits, classes, and art events.
- Girls Scouts earn art merit badges each year through Creative York classes.
- Creative York helps create a thriving cultural district to enhance the quality of life by creating new business opportunities and showcasing downtown York’s vibrant arts and rich history.
- Best Art Gallery, Susquehanna Style’s Best of York, 2016
- Best Art Gallery, Susquehanna Style’s Best of York, 2015
- Focus Forward Award for Creative York’s Art in the Parks, Central York High School, 2015
- E.B. Frock Memorial Award for Creative York’s Art Works program, York County Juvenile Court, 2014
- Best Art Gallery, Susquehanna Style’s Best of York, 2014
- Outstanding YCAL Partner Award, York County Alliance for Learning, 2011
- Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Support of Community Services, United Way of York County, 2010
- York County Chamber of Commerce Accreditation, 2004-2009
- The Nonprofit Innovation Award, Central Penn Business Journal, 2011
- Outstanding Non-Profit Organization, Main Street York, Inc., 2001
- Downtown First Awards, Main Street York, Inc., 2001
- Heart Award, Byrnes Health Education Center, 2000
- National Arts Education Award, BRAVO, 2000
- Merit Award for “Together We Make This a Better Place” community mosaic project, National Association of Redevelopment Officials, 1998
- Preservation Award, Historic York, Inc., 1997
Chair: Kimberly Martino, Entrepreneur
Vice Chair: Stacey Filippone, Digital Media Teacher, York College of Pennsylvania
Secretary: Stephen Baker, Community Volunteer
Treasurer: Vicki Goodling, Accountant, United Fiber & Data LLC & Think Loud Development LLC
Bobbi Billman, Director of Human Resources, Central York School District
Ed Bird, Vice President, Wilmington Trust, N.A.
Kathy Butera, Community Volunteer
Peggy Davidson, Fund Development, York YWCA
Ellen Ehlenbeck, Artist, Art Educator, Graphic Designer, Illustrator
Joanne Ekeledo, Advancement Officer, Logos Academy
Dr. Casey Flanscha, Clinical Psychologist, Rost & Associates
Fred Haag, Associate Professor of Visual Arts, Penn State York
Kim Kerlin, Community Volunteer
Michael Peduzzi, CPA, CFO, Mid Penn Bancorp
Rebecca M. Shanaman, Attorney, CGA Law Firm